The Athens Wine & Art Festival, the largest wine and art festival in Greece, strikes for a third time, at the unique venue of the School of Fine Arts in Athens! This year, it will happen on 21-22 October.
Athens Wine And Art Festival 2023
More than 80 boutique wineries from all over Greece will be there. Many of them will be presenting their creations to the wine-loving public for the first time. Visitors will have the chance to find out about these exclusive wineries, and taste over 500 unique wines.
As part of the 3rd Athens Wine & Art Festival, the Athens School of Fine Arts will be hosting a sensational Art Exhibition. Guests will be able to see selected, rare works from the School’s collection, curated by Mr. Manolis Karterakis, Art historian and the School’s curator.
Throughout the festival, there will be several parallel artistic events. These will include DJ sets, theatrical events, educational seminars and creative workshops, as well as various children’s activities.
Do not miss this unique event that perfectly blends the love for wine, art, and culture. Come, celebrate, and soak in the diverse flavors, sights, and sounds of Greece at the Athens Wine & Art Festival.
Where: Athens School of Fine Arts, Pireos Street 256, Athens – Nikos Kessanlis hall – GoogleMaps
When: Saturday 21 & Sunday 22 October, 13:00 – 20:00
Tickets: You can buy tickets here
A few tips to enjoy your wine tasting experience!
When attending the Athens Wine & Art Festival, here are some tips to enhance your wine tasting experience:
- Avoid wearing perfume or cologne: Strong fragrances can interfere with your ability to smell the wine, which is an essential part of the tasting process.
- Swirl the wine in your glass: This allows the wine to interact with oxygen, which can help release the wine’s full range of flavors and aromas.
- Take small sips: This will give you a better chance to identify the various flavors present in the wine.
- Cleanse your palate: Drinking a sip of water between different wines can help to cleanse your palate, so the flavors from the previous wine don’t interfere with your next tasting.
- Take notes: With over 500 unique wines to taste, it can be easy to forget which ones you enjoyed the most. Taking notes can help you remember your favorites for future reference.
- Go slow: If you are serious about tasting rather than drinking the wine, go slow. Otherwise, things will become blurry in no time 🙂
And remember… the most important part of any wine tasting is to enjoy the experience and the company of fellow wine enthusiasts!
Here are a few more recent guides:
- Halloween In Greece
- Where Is Mykonos – Map And Information
- Why I Fell In Love With Kasos Island In Greece
- Best Time To Go To Corfu Greece – Travel Tips
- August 15th Greece – Dormition Of The Virgin Mary
Hi! I am Vanessa from Athens, and I like sharing relevant news and events with visitors and expats living in Greece! Follow my FB page for more information about Athens and Greece.